Five reasons why Facebook shows: 'You can't reply to this message'
Written by Ibraheem Sikiru
Published on 5/13/2019 9:38:20 AM
It does happen at times, when the conversation is hot and you are about to give your own reply to the gist, either with a friend or in a group. Unfortunately your quest to submit what would have been the hottest reply is douse with a Facebook error message reading "You can't reply to this message".
This rarely happen but it usually occurs for five main reasons. They are:
1) You are blocked: Yes, this probably happen when at the midst of a conversation, or before you even come to hit the reply portion of the Facebook messenger, the intended recipient or let say your Friend has felt furious and advanced to BLOCK you from accessing his/her Facebook Network.
This is simple. Facebook is built on networking of friends and a friend can access his/her friend's node on the network if and only if their connection line is unbroken or clear of obstacles.
Facebook Block button is integrated to the network to maintain sanity and pure connections of nodes on the Facebook networks. It enables a friend to suspend a fellow friend for as long as he/she decides to relax the suspension. This means the action doesn't require an administrative intervention for it to be taken or relaxed.
When this action is taken against a friend, a fence is built on the line connecting their individual nodes on the Facebook network and communication becomes interrupted. They stop sharing stories and conversations between them is suspended until the BLOCKADE is relaxed.
Hence, if you received a message reading "you can't reply to this message" while attempting to reply to a friend's message, it simply means the other friend has blocked you.
2) Group is Empty: Another scenario where it is mostly possible to receive this Facebook feedback is when you are in a group conversation and unknowingly to you every other member of the group has left the group and you are the only one left.
This is not only peculiar to Facebook, it the same to every communication or network set up. To provide a clean conversation or communication on a network, there must be at least two nodes and a clean connection. But in the regard of being the only one in a group chat, the ethics of a clean communication line is broken and there can't be communication.
Hence, if you received this feedback in a group chat, it is probably, you are the only one left in the group.
3) You blocked your friend: Likewise a friend blocked you, if you have taken the necessary steps to block a friend of yours on the Facebook Network and may be you have forgotten the action, you will definitely received this feedback from Facebook anytime you attempt to send message to the particular friend.
Your message can only go through, if and only if you take the next steps required to unblock the friend.
4) Poor Network Connection: This is the most common and less tedious reason, a Facebook conversion can throw a feedback that "You can't reply to this message.
It is simple. Facebook Network is hosted on a separate dedicated servers which can only be connected to through an internet connectivity. If your internet connection is poor or weak, your message won't be able to connect to the internet.
5) DELETED ACCOUNT: Yes, another reason Facebook Messenger shows " You can't reply to this message " feedback is when the recipient's Facebook account has been temporarily or permanently removed from the Facebook Networks.
A user may decide to delete his/her Facebook Account or be deleted by the Facebook Administrative to promote sanity on the network. If you send messages to this type of account, you will definitely received a message reading "You can't reply to this message" as feedback.
Technology is improving day in, day out and so the Facebook Social Media Network. Hence, if you have additional reason(s) that may caused the "You can't reply to this message" feedback in a Facebook conversation, kindly use the comment section to notify me so I can quickly update this post.