The liquor of power makes you think and act like a God, enjoy it while it lasts - Shehu Sani
Written by Academic Forum Anchor
Published on 6/12/2019 9:04:39 AM
Recently Kaduna State Governor Nasir ElRufai, in Lagos, boasted of retiring two political godfathers in Kaduna state. He even boasted of ability to lead Lagos state out of the hands of political godfather.
Politicians who believed in the political ideology of former Lagos State Governor and National Leader of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu had immediately replied the governor for belittling the power their political godfather. The media exchange lasted for weeks until the tension was douse by the acceptance of Governor ElRufai to support the anointed candidates of Bola Ahmed Tinubu for the leadership of the ninth National Assembly
Now, the statement seems to be generating another set of reactions as immediate past member of the National Assembly, Senator Shehu Sani, Kaduna Central criticized Governor ElRufai in the statement he personal released yesterday.
The statement thus reads by parts: My attention has been drawn to the post by Nasir Elrufai where he made mention of my name and that of Distinguished Senator Suleiman Hunkuyi. Even though I’m in Court with the Governor in the last one year where he sued me and I sued him back for libel, it’s still necessary to respond to him thus;
1. You can’t claim to have ‘retired’ anyone in politics when all your life is about hanging behind President Buhari and name dropping him to achieve your goals.
2. You are yet to prove your ‘power of retirement’ by standing on your feet, though the recent one you did was trying to be the chairman of Governors forum and you woefully failed.
3. Your treacherous history of decamping from one Godfather to another is well known to all Nigerians. And I have always believed that it’s a matter of time before President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB) will have a taste of your patented venom and perfidy once you reach a point that he is of no further importance to you.
4. You are Neither the first to ‘win re-election’ nor will you be the last in our state. The difference is that even Makarfi who served 8 years never claimed to have retired anyone. And their victories was never challenged as fraud.
5. It’s typical of you after spending days and night begging PMB and Oshiomole to have your way over two senatorial seats only for you to purport for yourself the claim of retiring your perceived adversaries. All the staff of Oshiomole’s office at Aso Drive can attest to how you patrolled that office 24hours and knelt down for him to have your way; and how you shed tears before PMB to let you install a stooge.
6. However,I believe that President Buhari is experienced enough to know that what you say behind him is different from what you say before him.
(A) In the last four years,I have survived many attacks and assassination attempts in Kaduna of which the intention is clear.
(B)You tried to frame me up for murder until your evil became exposed.
(C) On the month of May 2018 you openly called on the public to launch violence and kill me and the other two senators.
the CLEAR THREATS IN YOUR POST IS NOT DIFFERENT FROM YOUR DESIRE TO MURDER ME OR SENATOR HUNKUYI OR ANY OF OUR FAMILY MEMBERS.
7. You are highly intoxicated with power,but like I always say, power is temporary,no matter how long you cling unto it, it’s a matter of time you will return back as an ordinary person and at the mercy of your deeds.
8. You can continue to hide behind Buhari to ‘retire people’ and you can use your vantage position to kill me or Senator Hunkuyi But Neither you nor your ilks can silence us.
9. I’m not responsible for your height but your God, unleash your frustrations where it’s deserving.
10. You, Your wives and your children are so stuck and obsessed with us, why not for once graduate from this point.
11. I’m always proud of my votes and my supporters;
*I never divided people along religious lines to get their votes,
*I never shared money and fabrics to women and men to queue up to vote for me,
* I never used threats and violence to force people to vote for me,
*I never relied on ‘Baba Buhari’ to come to kaduna to ask people to vote for me.
*You are a man who can never live or breath without PMB;
You habitually and ungratefully make a loud mouth of your false and dubious political prowess, while you are only a beneficiary of Buhari’s political magnanimity, weaknesses or largesse.
12.Before I left the APC, I told PMB and Oshiomole and Tinubu that you will insult, betray and fight them. Its in your DNA.
13.The liquor of power makes you think and act like a God, enjoy it while it lasts. It seems your mind is still troubled, if not, Shehu Sani could not have been in your diminutive heart long after you have ‘retired him’.
YOU ARE AT LIBERTY TO SEND YOUR BODYBAGS ASSASSINS AFTER ME BUT BE REST ASSURED THAT THE SHEHU YOU KNOW WILL NEVER BE SILENT.
Mostly known for his doggedness through the race for the return of democracy, Sen. Shehu Sani seems to be more radically sensitive in attending to public issue. Governor ElRufai is believed to be a brilliant one who Master minded the changed the in face of Abuja to whatever it's now.
Shehu Sani is a revolutionist, ElRufai is a planner.
Considering the factors raised by Senator Shehu Sani, what is your opinion on Governor ElRufai's political ideology?