Marketing Tips For Business Owners Targeting Facebook, Instagram and Twitter in 2020
Written by Ibraheem Sikiru
Published on 12/8/2019 6:43:36 PM
Digital Marketing takes place majorly on the populous social media platforms. There are many social media platforms but when we talk, mostly, about viable social media platforms that can provide a reliable marketplace, such social media must be globally accepted. Again, there are many social media platforms but only Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are considered generally accepted, easily accessible and viable for various forms of market. Hence, we will be looking into the three major social media platforms - Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Please, note that our assessment considers solely the active rate of the various internet users on these various social media platforms. You can however use the comment section to raise an observation.
Facebook is a very great social media platforms, formidable for marketing different categories of businesses, once it is supported by law. Facebook has a big number of users with great online presence. But, the fact is that Facebook's traffic is not suitable for all businesses.
Facebook, in the recent time, has became social media platform for the teenagers and the youths. Facebook is seeming more boring, tedious and incomprehensible by the aged ones. Facebook is currently populated by Internet users between the age of 12 and 40.
Another deduction is that Facebook is highly being dumped for the poor and average internet users.
The third observation has it that Facebook is densely populated by the less educated ones.
Considering these observations, it is obvious that business owners who wish to promote their businesses on Facebook should greatly subject their business to satisfy the following factors:
1) Does the business targets those within age range of 0 to 35?
2) Does the business targets the middlemen, in term of richness?
3) Doesn't the business requires high degree of literacy?
If your business returns, at least, one YES then your business is great for Facebook Digital Marketing space. Anything otherwise, please consider Twitter or Instagram.
Twitter is a very great social media platform with set of unique features that distinctly distinguishes it from other social media platforms.
One very great factor that merit Twitter over other social media platforms is her ability to force out fake accounts, enforce clean browsing policy and the literary requirements for a user to make sense on the platform.
Another very important factor that favors Twitter is the familiarity between users and the block button. This factor gives some class of people a rest of mind to go ahead.
Twitter is good for your business promotion if your business returns positive response to any of the following questions:
1) Does your business target age range above 39 year?
2) Does your business targets the literates?
3) Does your business targets the first class citizens, in all regards?
4) Does your business targets the averagely rich literates?
5) Does your business targets the real (non fake) international interests?
If your business returns positive response to any of the questions above, your business will thrive and survive through Twitter business.
The fact about Twitter is that it is like a school, those that failed to excelled through the physical schools always find it difficult to understand. Hence, the earlier age brackets of internet users are pushed to Facebook.
Instagram is another very important social media platform ready for business marketing. However, with care.
Instagram is a very great social media platform tapping her early success from the already established industrial success earned by the parent company, Facebook.
Instagram is good and lucrative for businesses that need awareness campaign but should be done with great consideration of risk and great uncertainties.
Instagram should never be considered the first marketing platform for a new business except if the campaign compatibility has been critically assessed. However, Instagram is great for businesses targeting reach individuals and mostly guys below 50 year of age.
Instagram excellent for businesses whose services target celebrities and their fans.
Instagram is mostly populated by rich young guys and ladies with great affinity for lousy, flamboyant and lavish lifestyles. However, business owners should be aware of the following threats to campaigns on Instagram social media platform:
1) Some of the lousy profiles are fake. The original owners could bit afford One-Millionth of the exotic lifestyle he/she claims. So, there is great possibility of your business campaign being shown to irrelevant users.
2) Businesses that require click through to an external website should not expect much click through rate from Instagram. This is because tour link is only available for click through on your bios. This means you can't run two campaigns that require click through to two different business entities, simultaneously.
3) The most active age range in Instagram is 20 to 60. So, business owners should consider this before sponsoring a campaign on the Instagram social media platform.
4) Instagram is mostly for businesses that are ready to deliver to the doorstep of the recipients. They don't have much time or less ego to walk down to the shops.
In conclusion, business owners should know that Facebook marketing is great for businesses catering for the youths, and average users be literates or illiterates. Twitter is great for businesses providing services for the middle age and elderly literates, both stinkingly and averagely rich ones. Instagram is very good for businesses targeting rich young generation, both literates and illiterates.